Monday 11 January 2021

Symmetrical art at home

 Today for the summer learning journey I made a symmetrical art piece made from my little brothers toys and pens/pencils. This activity was fun, it took a lot of thinking for me on what to use that is symmetrical. Though all in all it was a good activity. Symmetry is when you have something and you put a line down the centre. If both sides are the same it is symmetrical, if not it is asymmetrical. 

Here is a picture I took it is not the best quality picture though. 

What things can you think of are symmetrical?




2 comments:

  1. Hey Jennah,

    Well done on completing your symmetrical art piece. It looks really cool. You've made really clever use of the things you've found. You're explanation of symmetry and asymmetry is spot on.

    There are lots of things around me that are symmetrical, I think people like to design thing symmetrically because it tends to look nice to our eye I guess.

    Here's a bonus question for you, What is something that is symmetrical in all directions?

    Nice work Jennah,
    See you later in the comments,

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Daniel,
      Thanks for commenting on my work.
      Something that is symmetrical in all angles is a square, well that is kind of simple I guess. At home I will think of something more complex.
      Thanks again.
      From Jennah

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post