Tuesday 22 December 2020

Christmas in the Summer

 Today one of the other activities I did for the Summer Learning Journey was were I record myself saying the Jingle Bell song that I made. Instead of me saying it to you there is also another post of the song but down below. Also there is a part here that has some comparisons of the Northern and Southern hemisphere at Christmas time.

The Southern Hemisphere at Christmas

Weather - The Southern Hemisphere is in the Summer and is normally nice and hot.

Presents - Normally the kids in the Southern Hemisphere are more likely to get a boogie board or a pool floaty. Something Summery.

Decorations - The Southern Hemisphere prefers fake trees rather than real.

Food - The Southern Hemisphere is more likely to have salads and barbecues along with bread.

Travel - People tend to travel in the Southern because it is sunny and the roads don't tend to need to be closed due to weather.

The Northern Hemisphere at Christmas

Weather - The Northern Hemisphere is normally colder like snowy and cold. Since it is winter.

Presents - A common type of gift for kids in the Northern Hemisphere is more of an ugly sweater or board game. Or just an indoor game.

Decorations - The Northern Hemisphere prefers to have real Christmas Trees rather than fake.

Food - The tend to have turkey and warmer foods.

Travel - People don't tend to do this kind of thing because the roads are to slippery and cold so a lot of roads will be closed.

Here is my screencastify I hope you like it. What is it like at your house for Christmas? Do you normally travel?



2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jennah,

    Charlotte here from the SLJ team.

    Thank you for reading your brilliant kiwiana rendition of Jingle Bells!

    My favourite line was “This is definitely not Aussie!”. I laughed at this - very funny.

    You created such great lyrics. Have you done song writing before?

    Because you have created such an amazing post I will be awarding you bonus points. Ka pai!

    Keep up the great mahi!

    Charlotte SLJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte,
      thank you so much for commenting on my blog.
      I like that you like my post.
      Also thanks for the bonus points.
      From Jennah and also come again.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post