Tuesday 30 March 2021

Hat questions - Washing of the Feet

Today for R.E. I had to answer some questions. Based on the hats.
I am doing my work on when Jesus washed his disciples feet. 

What were the positive parts of the story? - Yellow hat.
The positives were probably, how Simon let him wash his feet, if not he would have not had anything to do with Jesus.

What was the negatives of the story? - Black Hat.
Probably, that Jesus knew that someone was going to betray him, and hardly addressed that. 

How else could Jesus have served the disciples? Besides washing their feet. - Green Hat.
Maybe by preparing and making the food, Because that isn't as messy as all that foot mud.

What emotions do you feel? Why? - Red hat
Not many feelings about this, to be honest. Otherwise, maybe, intriguing because you want to know why besides the money, Judas wants to betray him.   

Summarise the story in my own words - Blue hat
Jesus and the disciples were eating the meal. Jesus already knew that Judas was going to betray him, tomorrow. Jesus got off his seat and took off his jacket, he then slung a towel over his shoulder. He grabbed a bowl and placed it under one of the disciples feet. He then started washing them, once he reached Simon Peter, he asked "Lord, are you going to wash my feet?"
Jesus replied with "Unless I wash you, you have no part of me."
Simon Peter answered by saying "You may as well give me a bath."
Though Jesus explained that you are only clean when your feet are washed.
Once he finished washing feet, he put his jacket back on, and returned to the table.
He asked them if they understood why he did that, which was because that leaders should serve others. And that  anyone who accepts me, accepts the one who sent me.

Who/What/Where/When/Why
Who?
Jesus and his disciples. Because Jesus washed his disciples feet.

What?
What they did was Jesus washing his feet.

Where?
At the Last Supper with his disciples.

When?
Holy Thursday, the day he knew he would be betrayed.

Why?
He said that if he didn't wash their feet, they would having nothing to do with them.

What is your understanding?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post