Sunday 21 March 2021

My Surfing Experience.

 W.A.L.T. Write a recount to describe a memorable experience or moment.

On Wednesday the 17th of March, the year 7 and 8's went on a terrifically,  sweet as surfing trip. We went down to New Brighton beach, across from the New Brighton Playground. A bunch of surfing instructors taught us. The instructors worked for Learn to Surf. I highly recommend going there because they are very good at guiding you in the water and waves. Even though some people already knew how to surf, like me. We also went surfing to learn new skills, like a lot of people learnt how to stand and some learnt how to turn. 

My favourite parts were turning for the first time. Not to mention being able to surf with my classmates and friends. It is really fun to go out with your friends for a surf, especially doing *party waves. Everyone makes people crack up, like when we fall off in unison.  

Would you surf again?                                                                                                                                            Since I already surf of course I would go surfing again. It it tons of fun and really enjoyable. Surfing is a great way to get exercise while having fun. But it isn't for everyone, I recommend trying it out and seeing if you like it or not. I never wanted to surf but it became a lot of fun, once I got the hang of it. If you can already surf and want to do it with others but you don't know anyone to do it with, join a surf club. It has a opportunity to make friends doing things you both love. 

Surfing makes me feel happy, because I love doing it. I didn't feel nervous going in. Just worried it would be freezing and I would get hypothermia, from the ocean. In the end the water was warm as it tumbled down in your wet suit, but chilly at the start on your feet. You get used the chilly feet part pretty quickly, but still cold at the start.

I highly think you should try out surfing because it will be a great experience you can do, close to your town. Well, if you have beaches in your city. Also you can only experience the first time feeling of standing up on a board while riding a wave. After the first time the calmness and experience tends to fade. It could be a great hobby, or exercise for you to keep entertained.

Have you ever been surfing before?

Did you find surfing fun?

*Party waves are when you surf with your friends on the same wave.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jennah, that sounds like fun. How many party waves did you catch?? Was it really that cold!! It is good that you have fun surfing. Make sure you triple check your writing. You have a few spelling errors.
    Isla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha Isla,
      Thanks for commenting.
      I caught about 3ish party waves. It was really that cold, I almost froze.
      From Jennah

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post