Thursday 8 April 2021

Capital E in Wellington (Our Camp Trip Away).

 This is my recount on Capital E in Wellington.

Capital E - Wellington Trip

On Friday the 26 of March, the Year Eights from New Brighton Catholic went to Wellington. We went for Camp, and on the day we were leaving we went to Capital E, a recording studio. 

This trip was heaps of fun, and we stayed 2 nights in Wellington.

We ended up walking down to Capital E, slightly late. Maybe 5 to 10 minutes. On the way we started rushing, but once we got there we were all good. 

At the Capital E, recording studio we were met by a lady named Kitty. She was very nice.

She took us around and showed us the ropes of what to do. She showed me how to be the Director,

which was heaps of fun. I got to tell Charlotte and Corina what to do. They were Floor Manager and

another type of Manager I can’t remember. I made sure everyone was ready for their cues by telling

the Managers when to cue others in. 

I was in the Sound type booth, with Jackson O, Jackson M and Mase. Miss Holland and Kitty were in there too. Jackson O was in charge of the sound, so the music mainly. Jackson M was the one cutting to different scenes, with all the transitions. Then, Mase was working on the background for the Green Screen.

Once everyone understood how to play their parts, and that everyone was dressed and ready to go. Kitty told us we could start the dress rehearsal. The first run wasn’t very good, though very funny. Everyone would not know when the cameras were on, and walk off too early. It made it more funny and enjoyable. After that we got to take a look at the final product of the dress rehearsal. It was terrible but funny, we all cracked up.

Once we were finished with watching the dress rehearsal we went outside for a snack. Muesli Bar and apples mainly. I scoffed mine down.

When we got back inside we went to start of the actual product. Everyone got into different outfits and

got into their places. I cued everyone in that we were starting. Even though this was our good copy we

still had some oopsies when filming. But nothing major or life changing. At the end we finished off the

recording with cool music and everyone on the stage. 

Have you ever been to Capital E before?

Here is a link to the Capital E finished copy.

You can also see it on YouTube at Capital E.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jennah you made your story so interesting and funny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grandma,
      Thank you so much for the comment. Come again to my blog, please.
      From Jennah.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post