Tuesday 17 March 2020

My visual Mihi



W.A.L.T.  Identify who we are using a visiul Mihi.

Steps  on How to Make your own Mihi.
1- Use a pencil to draw a rough outline of your dislikes and likes (in one corner). Your flag/culture in another corner, add a photo of yourself in the culture corner. Either drawn by you or a digital printed picture of you. In one of the top corners But your family in Koro form. And in the remaining box put your Mountain and river.
2- Go over your pencil with a black crayon, and for your more detailed work with a vivid.
3- Once you have outlined your work use dye to colour in your artwork.

Why did I chose these symbols?
I chose these symbols because they represent me and what I like. They show other people what I like.
My mouth symbol stands for how I like to talk. The netball player stands for how I like to play netball. The donut and lollies stand for my love of sweets. The dogs stand for my favourite animal, dogs. Mathematics  cause I love Mathematics (most of the time). Vegetables are the one thing I put that I dislike, I also do not like cream cheese but I did not remember that. Last but not least being a veternarian is one of my likes.

This is my Visual Mihi, in the left corner there is a picture of me. I am animated though. Also in the left corner is the New Zealand flag, since I was born in New Zealand and my parents were to.
The right corner has my dislikes and likes, but I only had 1 dislike.
In my top right corner is my family in Koro form. I am in the middle, My brothers are in the corner, my parents are down the bottom, and my dog is the other koro.
The top left corner has my mountains and river, Mount Cook and the Waimakiri.



What would I do different next time?
If I did it different I would colour in my detailed pictures and and then dye the background. All the fine detail made the dye travel to the background and mixed the background colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post