Thursday 6 August 2020

Our Church

W.A.L.T. Identify the different parts of the Church.
For R.E. this week we have been looking at the different parts of the Church. Kata (my buddy) and I made a play dough church. Along with all the other class, we had to put in....
  • Tabernacle. The tabernacle contains bread in a wine cup.
  • Red Light. The red light shows people that the bread is in the tabernacle. The bread is also referred to Jesus.
  • Statue of Mary. A statue of Mary has to be in every church because Mary is one of the whole reasons there ever was a Jesus.
  • Crucifix. A crucifix is a cross that has Jesus on it, to remind people of Jesus and when he was crucified.
  • Cross (inside and outside). The cross is a symbol of Jesus and the church. 
  • Alter. The alter holds the bible and the candle and is a very important.
  • Candle. The candle is important because the flame can represent Jesus and how the flame forever burns like how Jesus will be forever remembered.
  • Bible. The bible holds all the stories of Jesus and teaches people all about how God created everything and how Jesus was a miracle.
  • Baptismal font. When you use a Baptismal font, you bless yourself as you enter God's house.
  • Chairs/Pews. A place to sit and pray.
  • Stain Glass Window. To show a beautiful peace of art that commemorates a sacred time.
  • Lectern. The lectern is a place that people can share the word of God and his family. And to share their prays.
What is Reconciliation?
Reconciliation is when you can get God to forgive your sins by telling God through a Priest. In Reconciliation you can either show the Priest your face or not. By confessing your sins you now no longer have to carry the weight of what you have done by sharing it and getting of your chest by telling someone that you know you can trust.
Have you ever done Reconciliation?

Here is a picture of Kata and mine church. I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post