Monday 23 August 2021

Kate Sheppard and Meri Te Tai Mangakahia

 Who is Kate and Meri?

Well Kate Sheppard and Meri Te Tai Mangakahia helped shape the future. They got women the privilege of voting. If they weren't there we might not look like what we do now. Kate and Meri went into Parliament at different times with different people. But the both campaigned for the voting of women. Though even though they did a lot of the same things, though Kate got women enrolled, mainly Kate is mentioned. Where Meri Te Tai Mangakahia did fight too. For more information on the two look below at my Google Drawing.

Had you heard of the pair before?



2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jennah,

    I really like the way you started your blog post 'Kate Sheppard and Meri Te Tai Mangakahia shaped the future'. That line hooked me in.

    I would just check your description at the top as a couple sentences don't make sense/flow together.

    I had never heard of Meri before but I find it amazing that she was the first woman to speak at Parliament. Do you know what Kate Sheppard's real name is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha Miss Holland,
      Thank you for commenting.
      I will go and check my work.
      Kate Sheppard's real name is Catherine Wilson Malcolm.
      From Jennah

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post