Monday 2 August 2021

Volleyball - Olympic Sport

 Today I have finished my Olympic sport information report. 

I chose Volleyball because it is kind of a sport I don't know anything about. The only thing I knew going into this report was that they played with a net, and hit a ball back and forth. The information I found out was rather interesting, like how William G. Morgan originally named the sport Mintonette. Though a Professor suggested Volleyball because of the Volleying nature of the sport.

3 sentences I found rather important.

  • That volleyball was created for businessmen, because at the time basketball was rather new. Though businessmen found basketball a bit to rough, so William made volleyball for them.
  • Something I especially found interesting is that the first ever time volleyball was on the Olympics was in Tokyo, 1964. How ironic because this Olympics going on currently is also in Tokyo, and volleyball is still being played.
  • Something also important in the sports rules is that you can actually pass to your other teammates 3 times, maximum. Then you have to bat it over the net.
If I ever post my information report onto my blog, make sure to read it.
Have you ever played volleyball?


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennah,

    Great blog.

    I learnt a lot from it, I also didn’t know all that stuff about volleyball and how it was started.

    Yes I have played - have you??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mum,
      Thank you so much for your lovely comment.
      I have kind of played before but I wasn't very good.
      From Jennah

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post