Sunday 22 August 2021

Sister Aroha

 Sister Aroha is the first ever New Zealand Nun that went over to serve for the Mother Theresa order.

She was born Philomene Hoban, a farm girl from Calverton. This is only a little bit about her. Look below fora Venn diagram of me comparing her to Mary the Mother of God. Also a google drawing on ´What can we learn from Sister Aroha´s life? There is also a video on Sister Aroha, check that out below.

Before this did you know who Sister Aroha and Mother Theresa was?




3 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic work here Jennah. Well done for really thinking and comparing Sister Aroha and Mary. You have really thought about their similarities and their differences.

    I really love how you have said that helping someone can help that person but also yourself. That is such a true statement and I also think it tells you a lot about the person who did the good deed.

    How do you think we could be more like Sister Aroha in the classroom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Miss Holland,
      Once again thanks for commenting on my blog.
      Maybe we could be more like Sister Aroha in our class by being more considerate.
      From Jennah

      Delete
    2. Hi Jennah,

      I think that is a great way to be like her. How could you/we be considerate in the classroom?

      From Miss Holland

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post