Tuesday 7 May 2019

Who is Mark Maddren?


Today we did Cybersmart with Mark from Core education.
We did kind of  a treasure hunt to find private information about Mark Maddren it was fun most of us could not find his home number,where he lives and how old he is I found another Mark Maddren and it said that he was 55 but that was not true.
I found his kids, a picture of him and his work number and where he works.👍
We also learnt what private and personal information meant we learnt that we should not give away information about our birth dates, address, home number and age.
Our class learnt some things that you give away are okay like your favourite food or maybe your pet it also could be your absolute favourite movie that stuff is okay because no one can figure out where you live because that is useless information and you can not be tracked down without private information.
Public information is technically the same thing as personal information because that is open to the public.
Sometimes you may instead make some of your personal private that would be probably because you do not want something to be seen and that is okay anything you want to keep private is private.
Some people don´[t even want to be on the internet and that is okay to.




3 comments:

  1. Hi Jennah,

    Some great stuff here. It’s just a great reminder how we have to be very careful with our personal info and not to post it online.

    Did any of the other kids find out anymore info on Mark? or just the same info you found?

    Great work, keep it up.

    Love
    Mum x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we all mostly did the same

      Delete
  2. Oh that’s interesting - sounds like Mark is very careful with his personal info.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post