Tuesday 19 November 2019

Volcano summary

For reading I had to do a summary on Volcanoes.
Here is my summary,
A volcano eruption is one scary situation. When a volcano erupts molten lava and ash come out of the volcanoes top, sort of like the volcano is angry.
People who live at the base of a volcano often do not have enough time to escape and, when a volcano eruption occurs many people die.
Volcanoes form where a crack or opening occurs in the Earths crust. Inside the volcano is literally a huge pipe that goes down the middle, which leads to Magna. Through the crack, magna mixed with gases and ash pushes up from the earth.
When Lava cools it turns into black hard rock, sort of like coal.
6 out of 10 volcanoes in the world are situated around the pacific ocean. Because there are so many volcanoes in the area, the arc that they form has been named the ¨Pacific Ring of fire¨. Most of the volcanoes are still active, so people need to be careful when sailing near.
The word Volcano comes from the island ¨Vulcan¨ of the coast of Italy. Romans considered it to be the place where Vulcan, the god of fire, made his weapons. The ancient Greeks thought that Hephgaestus, their god of fire, lived beneath Mt Etna, in Sicily. As Hephaestus beat the iron to forge his weapons.

Hope you enjoyed my summary, post a comment on your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post