Thursday 24 September 2020

Our volcano experiment

 W.A.L.T. See the reaction between baking soda and vinegar.

Today our class erupted our volcanoes. It was a terrific experiment and was quite a sight. The way the volcano erupted was because the vinegar which is acid and baking soda which is a base. (polar opposites). When they are put together the two ingredients cause gases like carbon dioxide. When the volcano erupted you could hear the hissing of the carbon dioxide. And we saw a red bubbly substance rushing down the side. We added red dye for the affect. For the past two weeks we have been paper maching and painting our volcanoes. A lot of effort went into these volcanoes and it was cool some other classes got to witness this reaction. 

Next time I would add a lot more baking soda for the eruption to go way bigger and look slightly cooler. Though is was still an awesome experience. 

Do you think this experiment would be interesting to try?



4 comments:

  1. Hi I like your volcano it is super cool and colourful From William in room seven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi William,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog, it is much appreciated.
      From Jennah

      Delete
  2. Hi Jennah I really like your volcano it's so cool and colourful. How did you make it? From liam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liam,
      Thank you. I made the volcano out of papermache. It took over 1 week to 2 weeks. Though the end shot was awesome. So worth it.
      Thanks for checking out my blog.
      From Jennah

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post