Monday 6 September 2021

The Children's War


 Today for Reading there are 3 parts to it. 1 is to write a short summary on what I wrote. 2 is to post a picture of what I did. Finally, I was to share what I think it would have been like to have been a child back then.

Summary

For around 4 years the War went on. New Zealand was being affected too, we gave around 14,000 soldiers to help fight. Most wanted to go for adventures, most just assumed they would be able to be back by Christmas. This was not the case, they spent a lot of time there. Most families had fathers, brothers and cousins in the war. The families kept up to date with what was happening in the war, through telegrams, letters, postcards and newspapers. Many kids waited for their families return. Though 1 in 5 men would not return home. 

During the War kids had to help by donating money, making scarves and handkerchiefs, and by sending cards along with the care parcels women made. The children also every morning sang songs as the Union Jack was raised. Then after some time, schools started creating cadet type things. To teach kids that you need to be fit and healthy on the inside and out. Also to get them to act like they are those people. The also had to learn through a journal for many reasons. Then after even more time, every school had to have a number of time for Physical Education.

Questions


What I think it would be like as a child back then
I think it would be really hard, family members over fighting. All of my friends going through the same thing. Classmates losing family and hearing lots got injured. It would be sad. Though when making cards and scarves you would feel slightly better to know that these are going out to those fighting.

What is on thing you know about the War?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post