Tuesday 24 September 2019

Me, Mary

We did a recount for R.E. this week. We had to put ourselves in Mary's shoes.
We had to re-tell the story of Mary and her being told by Gabriel that she was going to have a child and him Jesus, and her cousin was going to have a child in 3 months.
Here is my story,

Me, Mary
I woke up this morning all flushed and blotchy eyed. I went down the stairs and made myself a glass of original brewed coffee (by the one and only me).
The house was a bomb site, I grabbed out the cleaning solution then the vacuum cleaner and many other cleaning products.


I was doing all the house chores while Joseph was out “working”  (having a coffee with a mate.) I started chopping up dinner, we were having soup “carrots in the pot, carrots in the pot, high how the Mary oh carrots in the pot. I went outside to fetch some kiwifruit, Brrrr…….  Christchurch is cold this time of year better get my sweater and change out of my jandals.
I walked back into my modern cottage at the edge of a stream, my sweater was grey with an old band called “five50” written in permanent marker. I put on my crocs, crocs sound like the would be cold but mine had a fur line. I scuttled for the door as I walked out, the big heavy metal door brung me to the ground I stumbled and fell “aaaarrgggggggggghhhhhhhh…………     MY BACK” I popped my back out. I walked it off though, I went walking into the garden to fetch some of my famous kiwifruits, my kiwifruits are rather fresh this time of year.
I hunched over and waddled to the kitchen and started singing “kiwifruit and carrots in the pot, kiwifruit and carrots in the pot, high how the Mary oh kiwifruit and carrots in the pot.
Joseph came back and I made him make the cheese dipping sauce for the onions. Once done we sat down on red rocking chairs with vintage pillows. Then I realised I had a cramp in my stomach, “Joseph, Joseph go grab the medicine!” 


The next day I was wandering down to the stream, I sat by the side of the stream, the water flow looked like dancing dolphins. I stared at the eels and watched the fish do freestyle. As I watched the water I saw a figure above me through the reflection, I turned slowly. “Um Hi there, Do I know you?”  “Ahh no Mary I am a new fellow around here, but I have a message for you, God my leader wants you to give birth to a child and name it Jesus!, and your cousin Elizabeth will have a child in 3 months time.” Then I had another cramp but then I realised “I’M PREGNANT!!!”.


Joseph was astonished he started pacing around the room, I stood in shock. Next minute I heard Gus McDonald pull up in his delivery cart. I rushed to open the door before he knocked, “hey Gus, have anything for me?” yes actually a whole lot” He showed me the load, Joseph had been shopping. Gus was rather chubby and he was always eating fries and burgers.
Joseph turned to me and shrugged, I started opening the cheque even though Jesus was going to be God’s child Joseph was going to treat him like his own.
First things first Joseph you spent 300 dollars on a baby products!

We were both in shock.



Do you like my story?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennah,

    Yes I do like your story.
    Question did you not think Joseph was at work?
    Lol

    Love Mum

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post