Thursday 2 January 2020

Climate change

For the Summer Learning Journey we had to write down somethings that the School Strike for Climate Australia have been saying about Climate Change. Then we had to put a picture of me doing something to help deal with Climate Change.
Here are some of the things that are from the School Strike for Climate Australia website.

They are school students from cities and towns across Australia. Most of them have never met in person before but are united by their concern about the planet.

They are striking from school to tell our politicians to take our futures seriously and treat climate change for what it is - a crisis.

Politicians can show us that they care by taking urgent action to meet their demands.

                    Their demands
1. No new coal, oil and gas projects, including the Adani Mine.
2. 100% renewable energy generation and exports by 2030.
3. fund a just transition and job creation for all fossil- fuel workers and communitys.

Climate Change is one of the biggest problems facing the world and it is not being addressed quickly enough.

Here is a picture of me taking reusable bags to the supermarket.
What do you do to help deal with Climate Change?



1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Jennah,

    What an incredible post! You’ve included so many amazing facts about the Australian climate change strike and summarised the demands succinctly and professionally. I also like how you included the picture of yourself using reusable bags. It’s cool that we can all make a difference, even in simple ways like using reusable bags or saying no to straws or picking up our rubbish.

    What are some other things you do to help with reducing your carbon footprint? I like to catch the bus as often as possible rather than taking my car. I also walk more places as well.

    Don’t forget to reference where you got your information from.

    Ngā mihi maioha,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post