Wednesday 1 January 2020

Dear Jacinda Ardern

For the Summer Learning Journey we had to write a letter to Jacinda Ardern about an issue.

Dear Jacinda Ardern,
I have a problem not a huge one just a little one.
Why can' t we sleep in on a school day, we have to go to school for five days on a seven day week, every week, and then eventually we get holidays. Teachers teach our brains but the are not thinking about giving us a 30 minute break every school day. So we can come to school all bright and awake, so we do not look sleepy and barely remember what the teacher just said.
Please just consider a half hour for sleeping in.
Most sincerely Jennah

What problem (issue) would you discuss with Jacinda Ardern?

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Jennah,

    You make an excellent point. Sleep is super important for our well being and we definitely remember more if we’re well rested and have been given a chance to properly wake up. Perhaps starting school a bit later could help New Zealand students tremendously! I do have a couple of questions though. If we start a bit later, would we finish a bit later to get the same amount of schooling? Or would we catch up in bulk at the end of the week instead? What if instead we put in a mandatory nap time at the start of the day or even in the afternoon to help kids recuperate?

    You’ve really made me think about how it could be implemented and what a school that started later would look like which is a super interactive way to blog. I’m impressed! Keep up the spectacular work.

    It would be really awesome if you could include pictures or colours into your post to really engage your readers. Perhaps you could look at these tips for making eye catching blog posts to help or grab some inspiration.

    Hei konā mai,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post