Thursday 2 January 2020

The magic of Harrison's cloak

For the Summer Learning Journey we had to write a short story.
My story is about a boy who has a magic cloak.

Harrison was your average boy, but he had a cloak, not your regular cloak, a magical cloak. He wore it everywhere. One day as he wore the magical cloak he saw a rip in a seam, he decided not to worry and just stitch it back up at home.
Once Harrison got home he fixed the broken seam and took his cloak for a spin. He went for a stroll down the road to the local market. He noticed an old lady who was all flustered, since Harrison was very considerate he asked what the matter was. "Excuse me, what seems to be the problem?"
"Why, my cat got stuck up in that tree!" "Do not worry I can get your cat out of that tree, No problem".
Harrison pushed a button on his cloak and then he started to float. He floated all the way to the cat up in the tree and then he swept the cat out of the tree, back to solid ground.
                          The End
What would your story be about?

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jennah,
    Great to see you are part of the Summer Learning Journey. I enjoyed your story especially the way you described the cloak, how did he rip the cloak?
    Your story made me think of the some of the fantasy stories I like to read that include magic, this story reminded me a bit of when the Hobbits in Lord of the Rings hid under their magic cloaks.
    When he sweep that cat out of the tree did he hold it or just sweep it out of the tree?
    Nga mihi,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Jennah,

    What an incredible story. I really like the part where he pushed the button on his cloak and floated up the tree to get the cat. Does each button unlock a new power in Harrison’s magic cloak, or is it magical simply because it can help him fly?

    What other things has Harrison gotten up to in his cloak? It was a good thing he saw the rip and was able to fix it quick and smart.

    Perhaps you could add some graphics to your post to enhance the reading experience. If you need help or inspiration to do this, look at these tips for making eye catching blog posts

    Ngā mihi maioha,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post