Thursday 19 December 2019

Summary on Tropical Storm

Tropical storm summary


Tropical storms are called cyclones or Typhoons. Depending on where you live in the world.


When a cyclone strikes, buildings are flattened and trees get ripped out of the ground.
Cyclones form over warm Tropical oceans.
The surface temperature of the water must be at least 26.c before a cyclone can begin.
The cyclone consists of high-speed winds blowing in a circular fashion around a low-pressure centre.
This ring of low pressure is called the eye of the storm.


Cyclones generally move in a path resembling the curve of a parabola and in same direction as
the prevailing winds. The winds circulate in a clockwise direction in the Southern hemisphere. 

Cyclone Tracy struck Darwin on Christmas day 1974. It was the most destructive cyclone in
Australia ́s history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post