Thursday 7 May 2020

Creative Writing

W.A.L.T. Write using figurative language
For Writing today we had to write a story with...
3 similes, 2 metaphors, 5 personifications, 3 hyperboles and 600 words. Mine is about a business lady who has a mean as cousin called Sheila. I do not want to give to many spoilers so you can read my story down below. My story had 667 words and around 3 to 4 thousand characters.
Here is my story.

Margo sat in her corner office and she was very sad. Her face was covered in drizzled rain drops.
Aleisha came over to her desk and wiped her eyes with a tissue. Aleisha handed Margo a Chai Latte
with extra foam, just how Margo likes it. Margos got snot all over the lid of the Chai Latte. The coffee
lid started crying ¨why?, why? why?¨Aleisha's face was like a tomato, it was that bright. Aleisha noticed
that Margo still hadn't opened the office curtains. Aleisha opened one at a time and the sun glared through
the blinds at Margo. Aleisha finally realized what was wrong with Margo. Margo had been reading a letter,
it was from her cousin Sheila. Sheila is as rude as Dracula on Valentine's Day. Aleisha reads the letter
and this is what it says.


Dear Little Cuz
I really miss you, well I do not miss you but Mum made me say it.
It was so unfair I could have screamed my house down.
I know you are the one who told my Mum I work at an underwear store, and I will never forgive you. 
I just wanted to let you know you are not invited to my christmas party.
Your whole family  is invited but not you, I just wanted to let you know.
I might let  you come to my birthday party, probably not though.
From Big Cuz


Aleisha scrunches up the letter and throws it into the trash. She is Lebron James.
It literally went right in instantly. That cheered Margo up a lot. She was laughing and cheering non-stop.
Aleisha and Margo decide to write a letter back to Sheila this is how it goes:


Dear Sheila
I have decided to be mature about this.
I understand how you feel and I hope I can make things better and gain your trust again.
Probably not today or tomorrow but maybe sometime. I give my best wishes and hope to see you again.
Tell my family I said Hi and tell them I will catch up with them at Liza's birthday party. Please forgive me, 
I am very ashamed that I have hurt you. 
I cried so much I could sink the Titanic.
From Little Cuz

It made Margo feel a whole lot better than she did before. She even ordered a Chai Latte extra extra foam.
She took a sip and said ¨This is as foamy as the clouds on a sunny day¨. Aleisha laughed.
They got a fright when the trees started scratching on the window. Margo spilled her Chai Latte down
her new power suit. She was a ray of sunshine when that happened, she had been dying to change out
of it into a summer dress in her office wardrobe. Then Robert Taylor strolled in and handed over an ipad
with a video footage on it. It showed a video of Kylie Smiley eating one of Margos macaroni and cheese
bites. Margo shouted over the intercom ¨Kylie Smiley report to the bosses office now¨ Kylie sprinted into
the office. ¨You are being suspended temporarily because you ate one of my macaroni and cheese bites
from Cheesy and Macs bite sized snacks. Do you hear me¨ ¨Yes, Ma´am. Suspended temporarily for
eating bosses food¨. Kylie sighs and droops her head as she walks out. Everyone starts laughing at
her because Margos elbow was accidently on the intercom button. Then this time the same trees
started knocking against the window and Margo fell off her seat and Aleisha jumped and crashed into a
filing cabinet. Margo yelled, ``Aleisha get those filing cabinets downstairs they take up too much space¨.
Aleisha replied with ¨but I am not your heavy movers group.¨ Margo snapped back ¨Then call them to
come and collect it¨. ¨right away Ma´am¨. 3 hours later the letter was glaring back at Margo making her
fell unsafe. So she threw the trash can out the window and got Aleisha to order a new one.
Do you like my story?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post