Monday 18 May 2020

Word problem working out

W.A.L.T. Add using integers
For Math yesterday I did word problems. Now I have to make a blog post on one equation I did.
I chose to do this one:
 Room 1 raised a total $63.12. They want to divide it equally between four charities. How much will they give to each charity?
So I started with 60 and divided it by 4. 60 divided by 4 = 15. Because 4 lots of 15 make 60.
Then I got the 3. I did 75+75=1.50 Then I did 1.50 + 1.50 to get 3.00.
So then you have 15 dollars and 75 cents. But now we do the 12 cents. First do 12 divided by 4 which equals 3. So plus 3 cents to the 75 to get 78 cents and then the answer is $15.78.
Do you know an easier way?


2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Jennah,
    I like how you have your explanation on your blog.
    This is similar to the Math I did.
    Next time try and block out all the sun and it was a bit blurry.
    I don"t know a easier way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha Arnaika,
      Thanks for your feedback.
      Next time I will try to get the sun from being on the book.
      Thanks for the thoughtful suggestion.
      From Jennah

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post