Monday 4 May 2020

Metaphors

W.A.L.T. identify what a metaphor is and show an example.
Writing, for writing today I had to create a DLO teaching others about metaphors. I had to include 4 examples, my own picture, a metaphor in a song and the definition. Making the picture was very fun but getting the shape was more difficult. I do not mind doing metaphors but I find doing similes easier, but learning metaphors would make it easier to use them though. Here is my DLO.
Do you think this would help others? Do you like the rainbow background? Do you like the cat? Do you think the cat should be smaller and the words bigger?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jennah, I love this DLO it stands out and definitely catches my attention. I love how you have clearly stated what it is about and explained using a clear definition.

    Your examples are great. I love the one about the girl being a hurricane.

    I look forward to seeing metaphors in your writing!

    The cat is great, I would think about making the words a bit bigger or use a different font.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha Miss Holland,
      Thanks for the feedback, next time I will make the text bigger and go for a clearer font.
      I love your positive comments.
      From Jennah

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post