Sunday 19 April 2020

Amazing adverbs and imperative verbs

W.A.L.T: Identify and understand what an adverb and imperative verb are.
For Writing today we were to look at what adverbs and imperative verbs are. An imperative verb is a word that you put at the start of a sentence to make it a command. Adverbs are a word that end in ly. We had to make a list of imperative verbs and adverbs on a DLO, this is my DLO.
We also have to make sentences for every word we write. My sentences are beneath the DLO.
Can you name anymore adverbs or imperative verbs?

Imperative verb sentences
1- Measure how much flour you need.
2- Hold the paper.
3- Mix the eggs and milk together.
4- Whisk the eggs.
5- Slice the bread.
6- Place the candle by the window.
7- Tidy your room.
8- Wash the car.
9- Play outside.
10- Put your clothes in the washing machine.

Adverb sentences
1- Carefully move the vase.
2- Stir vigorously and add milk.
3- Gently pour the milk.
4- Finish your homework completely.
5- Stir until the mixture gradually becomes thick.
6- Safely let it cook.
7- Slowly back out of the driveway.
8- Place that down nicely.
9- Interestingly he plays the piano.
10- Unfortunately he feel over.

4 comments:

  1. AMAZING WORK! You have followed the steps to create a quality blog post! Well done you. 10 dojo points for you!

    Great job on identifying the different verbs and adverbs. What one is your favourite adverb?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Holland
    Thank you for the Dojo points Miss Holland.
    I really appreciate your comments.
    My favourite adverb is Slowly back out of the driveway. What si your favourite adverb?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennah Your work is absolutely fabulous. It has everything you need to put for someone to understand what your telling them. You really do deserve the dojo points.
    Another imperative verb is turn and adverb is quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Rooney
      Thank you for your positive comment.
      I like it how you added an example.
      From Jennah

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post