Wednesday 8 April 2020

Celebrating diversity

For this activity on the Summer Learning Journey we are to pick 2 indigenous communities and find 2 facts about both of the groups. I chose: The Maya people and Australian Aboriginal people.
My facts on both communities.
Australian Aboriginal people:
1- Aboriginal Australians could be the oldest population of humans living outside of Africa, where one theory says they migrated from in boats 70,000 years ago.
2- Australians first people - known as aboriginal Australians - have lived on the continent for over 50,000 years.
The Maya people:
1- More than 6 million Maya people currently live in Mesoamerica.
2- By the time the Spanish arrived to their land most of the Mayan people had already left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post